Animals Galore! Summer 2022
M T W R F June 13 – 24: 9:00am – 11:00am
Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
Our Triple Threat Summer Camp is designed to provide early elementary students the opportunity to learn and develop foundational acting, singing, and dancing skills while having fun and building lifelong friendships with fellow students.
During Camp students will:
- Bond as a group
- Develop focusing and listening skills
- Begin to communicate information to peers via dramatization
- Learn and develop acting skills such as sensory awareness, stage movement, and vocalization
- Learn the basics of storytelling by working with two classic animal themed scripts
- Learn and develop dance skills such as moving to the beat, body awareness, choreography and dance vocabulary
- Learn and develop singing skills such as rhythm, vocal registers, pitch matching, vocal control & expression, and diction
- Relate movement to music and stories
- Imagine characters and develop movement to create characters
- Work together to create tableaus, pantomime plays, and scripted work
We will be working with a variety of materials including Saint-Saens’ The Carnival of the Animals, Animal themed Fables, It Could Be Worse, and more.
Our final class and Last Class Celebration will be head on Friday June 24th at Marjorie Lyon’s Playhouse. Family and friends will join us at 11:00 immediately following our final session where students will perform:
A morning of plays, skits, songs, and dances featuring a colorful array of animal characters
Enrollment closes April 22nd or when we reach our threshold, whichever comes first, so be sure to register early so you don’t miss out on all of the fun!
SUPPORTED IN PART BY A GRANT FROM THE SHREVEPORT REGIONAL ARTS COUNCIL WITH FUNDS FROM THE CITY OF SHREVEPORT