On Sale to FlexTix – January 18, 2021
On Sale to the Public – Janaury 25, 2021
WHAT’S YOUR DAMAGE?
Opened: Thursday, February 11, 2021
Closes: Sunday, February 14, 2021
Location: Marjorie Lyons Playhouse,
on the campus of Centenary College
Book, Music & Lyrics | KEVIN MURPHY & LAURENCE O’KEEFE
Based on the film written by Daniel Waters
THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY | FEBRUARY 11, 12, 13 | 7:30PM
SUNDAY | FEBRUARY 14 | 2:00PM
Tickets: On Sale to the Public – January 25, 2021
$20. Adults | $18. Seniors & Military | $15. Students (in advance)
Direction | JARED WATSON
Choreography | KATIE LERCHIE
Musical Direction | SETH TAYLOR
Scenic Design | SETH TAYLOR & JARED WATSON
Lighting Design | DANIEL SALAZAR
Costume Design | CANDY HUGGINS
“A rowdy guilty pleasure.” – The New York Times
“Ingenious, naughty and very funny. Heathers still cliques.” – New York Post
“Cue the corn nuts — and much-deserved applause. HOW VERY.” – NY Daily News
“Heathers The Musical should score with just about everyone.” – Variety
Initial AUDITIONS will be held on Monday, October 19 at 6PM
17. She burns to be both cool and kind, but doesn’t know yet how to be both at the same time. Fierce sense of right and wrong, keen sense of ironic humor. Thinks she’s an old soul but she’s still innocent enough to be blindsided by love/hormones (or shocked by cruelty). Voice: High belting required, up to Ab. Must have dynamic and stylistic range.
17. He is darkly charismatic, compelling, attractive, charming on the outside yet very damaged on the inside. Keen smarts and strong inventive comedy. Voice: Strong, confident belt to at least an Ab, A preferable; wide emotional range.
17. Richest, hottest, most magnetic, cruelest girl in town. Relishes power and wields it like a scalpel – no fear, no patience, no mercy. Voice: Strong belt to F or higher preferred. Mezzo for chorus. NOTE: In certain choral songs Chandler can switch parts with her other Heathers as needed.
17. Beautiful, innocent, stupid, can be mean on command if Heather Chandler orders it, but actually quite vulnerable and fearful. Voice: Strong belt to Db, D preferred. Soprano for chorus. NOTE: in certain choral songs Heather Mac and Duke can switch vocal parts as needed.
17. Whipping-girl of the 3 Heathers. When she finally becomes Queen Bee she wields power like a bulldozer. Alto for chorus. Voice: Strong belt to C, D preferred. Alto for chorus. NOTE: in certain choral songs Heather Duke and Mac can switch vocal parts as needed.
17. Nicknamed “Martha Dumptruck”, the opposite of hot, confident, or popular. Huge and beautiful soul, optimistic even in the face of rejection. Voice: Strong belt to E or F, wide vocal expression.
17, Linebacker. Big, insensitive to the feelings of others, ruled by appetites. Voice: Strong Baritone, belt to G, some Falsetto useful.
17. Quarterback and Captain. Big, chiseled, rude, entitled, cocky. Mean, thinks he’s the brains in the friendship with Ram. Voice: Tenor, strong belt to Ab or A, some Falsetto. NOTE: in certain songs Ram and Kurt can switch choral assignment if, say, Ram sings higher than Kurt.
Ram’s Dad/Big Bud Dean/Coah Ripper
40 to 45. Ram’s Dad: Former football player turned suburban Dad, has never outgrown his glory days in high school. Hates weakness, but capable of soul-searching when tragedy strikes. Also plays Big Bud Dean: JD’s single Dad. Big jolly personality that barely conceals the enormous rage bubbling just below the surface. Quite possibly a serial bomber. Also plays Coach Ripper: Stalwart, man’s man; quick to defend his players. Voice: Baritone/Tenor – power Country/Gospel belt to Ab, higher welcome. NOTE: Sometimes this actor has played Principal Gowan instead of Big Bud/Coach.
Ms. Fleming/Veronica’s Mom
45 to 50. Ms. Fleming: Aging hippie teacher, still yearning for the day the Age of Aquarius reaches Ohio. Hungry for the spotlight, resentful of entitled youth. Also plays Veronica’s Mom: easygoing, distant, yet capable of laying down the law. Voice: Great belt up to C, higher always welcome.
Kurt’s Dad/Veronica’s Dad/Principal Gowan
30 to 45. Kurt’s Dad: Straight-laced, very conservative, also former football player. A simple guy, not book smart, you’d be happy to share a beer with him. Also plays Veronica’s Dad: Easygoing and distant. Voice: Strong Baritone/Tenor — power Country/Gospel belt to G, even higher better. Also plays Principal Gowan: Rumpled, burned out, hates conflict. NOTE: Sometimes this actor has played Big Bud/Coach instead of Principal Gowan.
Boy 1 – Bitter Geek 16-18. A put-upon, bitter geek. Voice: Bari (up to F#) or Tenor (up to A).
Boy 2 – Blowdried Preppy 16-18. A blowdried 80’s preppy. Voice: Bass (up to E) or Bari (up to G#).
Boy 3 – Hipster Dork 16-18. Thinks he’s Ducky from ‘Pretty In Pink.’ Voice: Bari (up to F#) or Tenor (up to A).
Girl 1 – Goth Girl 16-18. A sullen goth girl. Voice: Belt to at least C# (a Soprano up to high A/B is also a plus).
Girl 2 – Stoner Chick 16-18. A fuzzyheaded stoner chick. Voice: Belt to at least C# (a Soprano up to high A/B is also a plus).
Girl 3 – Young Republicanette 16-18. A tennis-playing, uptight Student Council type. Voice: Belt to at least C# (Soprano up to high A/B is also a plus).