ROLES ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING 2014 PRODUCTIONS. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Lloyd Dallas: The director of a play-within-the-play, called Nothing On. Temperamental. Part of a love triangle involving Poppy and Brooke.
- Dotty Otley: A late-middle-aged actress. Forgetful. Has a romantic interest in Garry, and provokes him by showing interest in Freddy.
- Garry Lejeune: A stuttering actor, easily fired up. Has a romantic interest in Dotty, and is driven by jealousy to attack Freddy repeatedly. His speech impediment disappears onstage.
- Frederick (Freddy) Fellowes: Has a serious fear of violence and blood. Gets nosebleeds easily. Lacks confidence and is rather dim-witted and pompous.
- Belinda Blair: Cheerful and sensible, a reliable actress. Has a rather protective attitude towards Freddy.
- Poppy Norton-Taylor: Assistant Stage Manager. Emotional and over-sensitive, and envious of Brooke, whom she understudies. Part of the Lloyd-Poppy-Brooke love triangle.
- Selsdon Mowbray: Elderly and with actorly mannerisms. If he is not in sight while rehearsing, the stage crew must find him before he finds the whisky.
- Timothy Allgood: An over-worked Stage Manager. Understudies Selsdon and Freddy.
- Brooke Ashton: A young inexperienced actress from London. She pays no attention to others, either in performance or backstage. She rarely takes direction, and persists in her role regardless of any interruption. She is always losing her contact lenses. Part of the Lloyd–Poppy–Brooke love triangle.
- What are Season Generals?
Season Generals are an open casting call for all productions in our upcoming season (2015).
- Who can participate?
Actors and musicians ages 16 and up are welcome to make an audition appointment. Our School of Performing Arts productions audition separately.
NOTE: Actors who have worked with Stage Center in previous or current seasons may not need to audition again. Simply submit a headshot and resume with a cover letter expressing your desired involvement and you will be notified if you need to be seen specifically, or stop by during one of the audition blocks and fill out an audition form, or CLICK HERE (available Fall, 2015) to submit online. Conversely, all actors are welcome to make an appointment to be seen for a particular production if you feel we have not seen adequate or comparable work for your desired production.
- Where are they held?
All auditions will take place at the new Stage Center Studios at the Highland Center, 520 Olive Street, STE A-01. (Enter through the glass doors at the back of the building, off Stephens, and go downstairs. There will be adequate signs in the building.)
- When do they take place?
Audition appointments for actors and singers, as well as an open-call for dancers for our 2015 season will be available in the fall.
- Why should I audition or submit myself for Season Generals?
This is the first opportunity, and in some cases the only opportunity for actors to submit themselves for consideration for announced productions they are interested in being a part of. Additional auditions dates are subject to the discretion of each production's director and Stage Center artistic staff.
- Can children under the age of 16 audition?
All children interested in our School of Performing Arts shows will be able to audition at separate dates/times.
UPCOMING SCHOOL OF PERFORMING ARTS (SOPA) AUDITIONS (Ages 8-18)
For Kids By Kids Summer Camp Adventure (Camp Dates - July 7 - 18, 2014) | Performances - July 17 - 20, 2014
AUDITIONS: Stage Center Studios @ The Highland Center – 520 Olive St. (enter through the rear door off Stephens)
SAT, APR 26 - 2pm - 5pm by appointment only (some students may be asked to come back between 6pm - 8pm for a callback)
SUN, APR 27 - 5pm - 6pm open dance call
See below for information on how to make an appointment.
SEEKING: Roles are available for students ages 8 – 18. All roles are open.
PREPARE: 16 bars (roughly 30 seconds) of an up-tempo to sing acapella & memorized. Any song in the Disney catalog will suffice, except "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid. Audition Style: Contemporary Broadway
REHEARSALS: Monday - Saturday, 2pm - 5pm., a parent meeting will take place on Sunday, July 6 at 5:30. Performances at Marjorie Lyons Playhouse will take place July 18 – 19. (A full schedule will be given upon admission.)
COST: $400.00 (+ $150.00 supplemental ad sales ~ 2-payment option is available)
For information on making an appointment, please email (Not available until April), call/text (Not available until April), or visit the (Not available until April) page.
August 16 & 17, 2014 | Performances - October 23 - 25, 2014
2016 SCHOOL OF PERFORMING ARTS PERFORMANCE TROUPE